Tuesday, November 09, 2004

A Series of Awkward Moments

Can't write long, but thought I should update...I just have not had a free moment at all lately. I am SUCKING at exercise! I even wake up at 4:30 or 5 most mornings...It's just that even when I wake up, my morning is packed with other things that need to be done. I think tomorrow, I'll at least force myself out for a 30 minute run in the morning...

I'll try to write again in the morning to hold myself accountable...

I'm trying to figure out where it is that I am going wrong...I think that my all-or-nothing perfectionism plays into my relationship with fitness heavily...if I screw up...then, screw it. I don't mean to have that attitude, but hell if it isn't hell to shake off! Tonight, I'm going to bed with my morning to-do list prepared, my work-out clothes readily available and my coffe ready...and, if I can only work in 20 minutes...then at least that's 20 minutes!!!!!!!! I think part of my problem is that my goal is 1 hr. per day...and, if I can't do that, then I often secretly think it's not worth even starting at all....I'm working on this attitude...

...always working on one of my attitudes...

2 comments:

  1. You know, I think that one of the signs of a good person is that they ARE always working on one of their attitudes. I personally find it very impressive. So you go on working on convincing yourself of what you know is right. Lord knows it's hard as hell sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you are! I missed you :) If it helps, I can't work out in the morning. I have tried, I really have. It's just not "me". Working out the past 8 months or so has been a priority for me. I finished my master's program in May, but I had started running and gym work in February or so. So there was a few months there where it was school, work, family, gym, house...well, you know. It was just too much. Finishing school was a very big relief on my time. I mean, going to classes was time consuming, but then all the work for my thesis was crazy... no matter what I was doing, I was always thinking that I should be working on my project, the research, the data collection, the writing of the fucking thing. It can suck all the joy out of just about anything else, always thinking that crap in the back of your head! Anyway, be gentle, you're already doing so much. Get what you can, when you can. Think more about the *habit* of it then the quantity of it. You know, pick your days, and always work out those days, even if it's only 10 minutes. Then, as you find some of your burdens lifting, you'll have the habit of doing it in place, and you get to just do more of it.

    I'm going to look for some of the titles I like in that "free to be you and me" kind of genre - I love children's books! I just saw one the other day about Walter (I think it was walter) the Farting Dog. It was so funny! Kids just LOVE that stuff. Man I love my job! Yesterday was one of those days where I was looking around at my little darlings, and I was thinking, I can't believe I get paid to do this.

    Okay, now go kick some ass!
    xoxo
    Mia

    ReplyDelete