Monday, August 10, 2009

Rocka Chakra


I just finished week one of a 9 week hot yoga challenge.  I'm loving it more than I can find the words for at almost 2 in the morning.  In only a week or so, I get my first yoga foundation bracelet, which is surprisingly exciting for me (and according to their illustration, I will have awoken the vag. chakra?).  I'm just so happy that my body is able to support me and make such a nice place for my spirit.  I don't know where all this is coming from, but I've just been overflowing with body gratitude as of late.  Things are just so great.  You know, I whined about not being able to run again, but look where it got me.  I would not have signed up for another shot at the hot yoga studio if it weren't for my running defeat.  And hot yoga is where I need to be right now.  I love it.  I'm so grateful.  I do not at all mind almost always being in the lowest percentile of yogic ability in the room full of Cirque de Soleil performers or a Free Willy stunt double compared to the Hollywood physique that finds it's way into that place; it's so about me and my body and spirit.  And you know what else- it's nice to frequent uptown again.  I had gotten to feeling like I lived far from uptown, which is really silly because it's something like a ten minute drive.  What is it with that river making you think you are driving farther than you are? 

In a couple of weeks, I'm headed to KC for a very good friend's wedding shower, we rented a whole giant bed and breakfast for girl time, extravaganza.  I'm in her wedding in Sept, and I forgive her for choosing satin dresses, which I'm wondering could be nicknamed cellulite spotlights.  Actually, the dresses are beautiful, and I think any fatty boomalattie spots can be treated with the undergarment of steel titanium I'll be donning.  I know.  Hot.  For serious, though, I'm so happy to be there for my friend after she was there for me and helped me survive my own wedding.  I was not the most "bride-y" of brides, but my bridesmaids/personal attendant who was more in a position of maid of honor, really- they knew how to do it, and they kept me sane.    I'm so excited!

Gerson therapy, modified, is just getting better and better.  I've been increasingly leaning more and more into the protocol for about four weeks, and the difference is just crazy.  Number one is just that dang juice.  I can't freakin' believe it.  Juice!!!  I love the whole Gerson thing, though.  I'm just now working on decreasing my salt because of the whole sodium/potassium ratio that is apparently integral to Gerson therapy; I wasn't sure I wanted to do that part, because of the sodium issues that are a part of low adrenal function- but I'm leaning into it.  Tonight, I had half of a baked potato with Greek Yogurt, sauteed garlic cloves and lemon juice for flavor.  It was so good.

I can never completely do any sort of protocal, like Gerson or raw food.  I'd like to do most of both of them at some point, I believe.  I'm too much of a foodie to go all the way, though.  It's my passion, food.  I could never live without having spinach crepes at Cafe Brazil or the Twig and Branch pizza at Bolsa...Street Side salad with garlic bread  and butter with truffle oil at Eno's...Sante Fe Omelette with a mimosa at Dream Cafe...Eggplant parm at Maggiano's...Sprinkle's cupcakes...Taco Diner's guacamole...all of the pretty cheeses and pastries at Whole Foods...

I.  Love.  Food.

5 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, you just named about five of my favorite foods! I think I need to go eat breakfast... Aren't we lucky to live around so many great restaurants? Or maybe not. :-) Anyway, so delighted that you are feeling so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. where do you go to yoga?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eva, I know that we have similar food tastes, because your foodie pictures always make me so happy. What's wrong with you when you don't just love eating food, but also looking at pictures of it, and I especially love books with great food descriptions, like Jennifer Weiner's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love food too! And I am so glad you are feeling somewhat better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mimosa's at the Dream Cafe....I'm dreaming of one! I"m so glad to hear you're feeling good and happy! Yea you!

    ReplyDelete