Wednesday, November 02, 2005

squeaky voices and ungodly smells

i was just thinking...we (or at least i) make all these assumptions...or not really assumptions...but, in the same way that i read a book & imagine the main character in my mind, I develop voices and body language that I imagine you blogger friends encompass---

...and, I have to wonder--what if we all met at a big party? Would we be surprised and destracted at how different each other is compared to what we imagined...in the way like when a movie is made from a book & you're just soo suprised at who they picked to play your favorite character?

for example, i think of Mia as having sort of a deep voice--you know, with, er, "phone operater" potential...but, what if she is quiet and squeaky? what if?

and, Margaret, do you gesture wildly and knock passers by down in the process...i don't imagine that you do, but who knows?

4 comments:

  1. hmmmm That's too funny...I've been told many times that I have a "976- voice"! Well, obviously, I just exude sex. HA! I talk with my hands (I've been known to send drinks flying) and I love to tell stories in which I have to act out portions of the events. What can I say, I'm Italian! I think it's so funny that you do this, because I'm always giving little personalities and voices to the blogs I read...like you all are characters in a children's book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i KNEW it. Mia has a phone-sex voice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been known to gesture wildly and knock people down, but not often. I do, though, tend to knock inanimate objects filled with liquid or food over on a very regular basis.

    It's just part of my unbelievably vivacious personality ... or so I've been told.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I can say for a fact that Margaret does indeed gesture wildly, though she's right -- it's mostly to knock down inanimate objects.

    I too give all of you voices and other characteristics... funny that we do that. I usually don't even realize I'm doing it...

    ReplyDelete