Monday, November 01, 2004

get over it

Are the Gods of morning punishing me for living in sin, or what? Again, my fiance has woken up in a state of morning dumbness and turned off MY ALARM CLOCK! I cannot tell you how absolutely maddening this is. It makes me into a crazed urber-psycho-creature that very few people have only heard of, never seen.

First, my professors have convinced me that should a teacher ever be late, they will certainly be fired on the spot. And whether aI believe that or not, it's just that I need a routine....I'm sort of a failed perfectionist (if you will...not that I recommend it)--so, in the morning, when I have my routine in mind, if it get's jacked up, I just feel that I've started my day all wrong.--like it's ruined.--or, maybe it's more than that... Okay, it's this. For such a loooooooong time, it has been a definite goal of mine to work out in the a.m.--Due to teachery practicum stuff, it really does have to be early if I'm going to do it in the morning.

I used to live alone in the cutest loft studio ever, and I would wake up early every morning, slowly sipping tea with milk, writing in my journal. I enjoyed being up before most of the world around me....I guess what I want now is that plus a little fitness, and when I get neither, and it's totally out of my control, I find that a litttle maddening.

3 comments:

  1. Oh darlin', I am so with you on this ENTIRE post. Just in like the last three months I decided that I needed to be a morning person. There's nothing like being one of the first people at the gym, right? And besides, I love being awake when everybody else is still asleep... on either end, really. But, truth be told, I am past the point where I can stay up late, so AM it is.

    The other morning I had my alarm set for 5:30 so that I could get up, follow my morning routine (which is an obsession with me too) and then head to school. But my dearest darling boyfriend sits bolt upright in bed and turns off my alarm, no regard whatsoever for the fact that it's my alarm going off. Ack. Luckily I was actually awake enough that I had some idea that that's what he had just done. So I just got right up, no snoozes. Probably better that way, but much less satisfying.

    Anyway. Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone out there. I too need my morning schedule otherwise I go loopy. And this whole living in sin thing is totally screwing us over. Let's just screw it and go become nuns, ok? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret,
    Alas, our stories are sad ones! Even after I got my ass motivated enough to go work-out sans my a.m. coffe, I couldn't find my Rec. Pass--
    So, I cleaned the kitchen. At least that is something.
    Oh, and I'm right there with you on the whole scenario where someone rips off your snooze time. I get sooooooo pissed when I don't get that last 8 minutes. It's the most important 8 minutes of the entire night's sleep...
    Luckily, my living in sin cohort has multiple redeeming qualities, such as making me cream of wheat and coffe every morning and putting up with my emotional roller-coaster personality; however, I don't think I could even live with Jesus himself if he turned off my alarm.
    So, the the convent it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey again! I just hopped over to catch up on reading your newest entry and to thank you thank you thank you for your kind comments and support. It really means a lot to me. I also wanted to say, 1) "failed perfectionist" is my new favorite thing and 2) you'll have to pry that iPod out of my cold, dead hand!
    xoxo Mia

    ReplyDelete